PAYMENT & DATA SECURITY
PAYMENT & DATA SECURITY
OnUpton.com uses leading independent Payment Service Provider, to process all type of payments. All sensitive payment information is saved using the most sophisticated e-payment software available and is sent to the bank for instant authorization via our network of payment gateway. Transactions normally take up to 24 hours to be processed and at no time are your payment card details are at risk from cyber criminals.
We accept payments by debit or credit card: Visa and Mastercard, Giftcards, E-checks and Bitcoins. If for any reason your order is declined by the processor then just give a call to your bank and ask them to remove the restrictions for overseas payments around your order value for next 24 hours and let us know that so we can process the payment again.
Payments are processed on a ‘continuous authority’ basis, allowing for further payments or refunds to your payment card if necessary.
Our server is scanned regularly for vulnerabilities and for all sensitive data before being transmitted between your browser and server – further information on data security.
Look for the green locked padlock in your browser to indicate a secure and encrypted connection to our site.
No Paypal option?
Unfortunately Paypal currently operate a policy of not allowing online pharmacies to have Paypal accounts, so we cannot accept payments by Paypal.
We use high-level data encryption to ensure our customer’s data is not compromised.
Data entry and retrieval is encrypted using an SSL certificate.
This ensures that no one else can read or change information as it travels over the internet.
SSL certificates give users confidence they are interacting with a trusted website and their information is secure. Our SSL provider uses an audited and rigorous authentication method, and browsers control the display, making it difficult for phishers and counterfeiters to hijack the our brand.
Personal online security
Patients using our services take responsibility for their own personal online security. For advice please visit the Get Safe Online service.
- If your email account(s) is compromised it can be used to gain access to your account here. We do not send sensitive personal details by email, but it is recommended to delete any emails no longer needed.
- Use unique passwords, with a mix of numbers, letters (lower and uppercase), preferably at least 12 characters long.
- Change passwords regularly.
- Install anti-virus software on your computer and keep up-to-date.
- Keep operating system and browser software up-to-date.
- Do not save passwords on the web browser on shared computers.
- Remember to log-out from here when finished.
- Use a pin code or fingerprint ID to access your personal devices.
- Check your security and privacy settings on your browser, paying particular attention to saving of websites visited.
- Carefully check the URL (shown in browser address bar) of any website you visit to determine it is authentic.
Personal and private information
We fully understand our customers are concerned with the security of their personal and private data and we take every measure possible to ensure it is never at risk.
Your personal information is protected by an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and the highest level of encryption available to us. The information is then entered into a database that will only be viewable by our customer service representatives if it become necessary to answer your questions.
We do not sell, or share, your personal information with third parties for any reason, unless required to do so by law.